The American Culinary Federation’s video series is one way they foster the growth of professional chefs.
Scope of Work Included:
- On-location Video Shoot
- Director of Photography
- Script Supervisor
- Production Personnel
- Gear (Cameras, Lights, Audio, Teleprompter)
- Motion Graphics
- Blu-ray and Digital Delivery
The American Culinary Federation (ACF) is a professional organization for chefs and cooks made up of over 15,000 members belonging to more than 150 chapters in four regions across the United States. They are a leader in offering educational resources, training, apprenticeship, competitions, and programmatic accreditation designed to enhance professional growth for all current and future chefs. In addition, ACF operates the most comprehensive culinary certification program in the world.
ACF was referred to All Terrain Studios by another client of ours, SEMCO Productions. Based on this strong referral, ACF hired us to bring to life their vision of a video series about sustainability and various common training topics. Ultimately we delivered pre-production, production, and post-production services for 49 videos plus a teaser video. Each video is between one to six minutes with ten 0:30 second “Planting the Seed” videos.
- Review 49 cllient-supplied scripts then make suggestions for flow, timing, and comprehension.
- Develop detailed production schedule to ensure all 49 scripts recorded and necessary b-roll captured within three-day timeframe.
- Create detailed shot list based on 49 scripts, five onscreen talents, and multiple locations within four-story culinary school.
- Producer, Director, and Director of Photography traveled to Miami with necessary equipment and hired production personel local to Miami.
- Setup lights in multiple locations, capture clear audio, and record in HD.
- Direct professional chefs with no acting experience to elicit information in as natural a way possible.
- Ensure all scripts read cleanly, accurately, and completely during video shoot.
- Locate stock photos and icons for motion graphics.
- Create motion graphics for opening screens, lower thirds, chyrons, and basic visual or text animations.
- Deliver digital files for ACF to host on a password-protected area of their website.
- Author five master Blu-rays, each with a custom menu and label.