The Fishful Thinker uses broadcast episodic programming to teach the world to FISH BIG.
Scope of Work Included:
- Motion Graphics
- Digital Delivery
- Broadcast Delivery
Fishful Thinker and All Terrain Studios have been teaching the world to FISH BIG for 21 seasons. Originally, the 13-episode seasons aired on a Rocky Mountain regional cable channel, Altitude Sports Network, before being picked up by the international cable channel, World Fishing Network.
Fishful Thinker’s approach is unique because he shoots each episode in just one day with the goal of teaching new techniques using the viewers existing gear which helps them adapt to existing conditions.
All Terrain Studios started editing the show using Apple Motion and Final Cut Pro, then migrated to Adobe After Effects and Premier beginning with season eight. Every week we cut down 2-4 hours of client-supplied footage, add graphics then export for broadcast.
Strategically placed “fast forward” and comical “net fail” graphics, graphic swipes indicating a small passage of time, bloopers that play during the credits, cooking segments, and a soundtrack by a Fort Collins, CO band, make this 22-minute show fast-paced, fun, interesting, and educational.
- Initial rough cut with client to ensure core concepts included.
- Final edit down to the broadcast length of 22 minutes.
- Add open graphics, “Did You Know” graphics in each bump-out, client logos in each bump-in, credits with blooper reel, and lower thirds for names, location, and weather conditions.
- Add soundtracks and perform audio pass to meet broadcast standards.
- Quality check final exported file.
- Deliver to broadcast stations.