The Consolidated Mutual Water Company’s informational website encourages water conservation and streamlines customer requests.
Scope of Work Included:
- Content Strategy
- UX Design
- UI Design
- Graphics/Visual Elements Creation
- Custom Coding
- Aerial (Drone) Footage
- Video Editing
- Security Updates
- Ongoing Maintenance and Support
The Consolidated Mutual Water Company (CMWC) is a private, non-profit water company serving 95,000 people in Colorado. Their treatment and distribution facilities are operated by certified professionals who are dedicated to meeting their customer‚Äôs domestic water needs.
Prior to meeting All Terrain Studios, the CMWC website was built and maintained by their in-house IT department. It contained approximately 30 pages packed with copy, few photos or graphics, and dozens of buried links to Word and PDF forms for download, completion, and faxing or mailing back. It had most of the information their customers wanted but the content was hard to find since the website didn‚Äôt have a well-considered user experience (UX) or user interface (UI).
Realizing it was time to call in the professionals, CMWC reached out to us based on a strong referral from Bancroft-Clover Water and Sanitation District, whose website we redesigned and built using WordPress.
The Board of Directors was involved during the initial UX/UI phase. Once they approved of the direction, we built their website ensuring it would be responsive (looks great on every device including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers), transferred content, added new content, programmed a custom reservoir levels plugin, and created 12 online forms, some of which automatically create filled-in PDFs and emails them to the appropriate recipients.
Now, the Board of Directors, employees, and customers are elated with the website‚Äôs look, feel, and performance. Customer requests have been streamlined and form submissions come in already digitized saving CMWC employees countless hours.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis.
- Perform content audit.
- Set up hidden production website only accessible to CMWC during the build out phase while the existing site remains online.
- Prototype then deploy intuitive UX centered around the content strategy allowing customers to quickly find information most important to them.
- Design an emotionally-rewarding UI.
- Move existing copy, photos, and newsletters to the new site as well as add new copy and photos.
- Design icons and locate brand-sensitive stock photos.
- Encourage signup to their water conservation program.
- Encourage signup for recurring auto bill pay program.
- Write a custom plugin so CMWC can easily share current reservoir levels with their customers.
- Create an online signup form so CMWC can build a database for text and email emergency notifications to customers.
- Replace 12 Word and PDF forms with online forms, some of which automatically create filled-in PDFs and emails them to the appropriate recipients.
- Ensure site is responsive so it looks great on every device including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
- Ongoing maintenance includes adding new pages/copy, updating existing copy, deploying new forms with auto filled-in PDFs emailed to the appropriate recipients, and security updates.